BSY should have taken corrective steps: K’swamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy, who
released documents relating to alleged irregularities in
denotification of lands by former Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa, on Saturday said had the BJP leader taken certain
corrective steps, he would not have landed in jail.
"This is very painful to me. This should not have
happened," Kumarswamy told reporters reacting to Yeddyurappa
surrendering before a court responding to the arrest warrant
issued against him.
"Had Yeddyurappa taken certain corrective measures in his
initial days (as Chief Minister), this situation could have
been avoided," he said.
A local court today rejected Yeddyurappa`s bail plea in
two cases relating to alleged land scams and remanded him in
judicial custody till October 22.
Kumaraswamy slammed the "celebrations" by the Congress
over Yeddyurappa`s arrest and said its leaders should
"introspect" on the corruption charges faced by its government
at the Centre.
Reacting to Yeddyurappa`s arrest, KPCC President G
Parameshwara told reporters at Shimoga that "everyone has to
bow their head to law of the land. Congress will expose the
misdeeds of a former minister hailing from Shimoga shortly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon