BSY should have taken corrective steps: K’swamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy, who
released documents relating to alleged irregularities in
denotification of lands by former Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa, on Saturday said had the BJP leader taken certain
corrective steps, he would not have landed in jail.
"This is very painful to me. This should not have
happened," Kumarswamy told reporters reacting to Yeddyurappa
surrendering before a court responding to the arrest warrant
issued against him.
"Had Yeddyurappa taken certain corrective measures in his
initial days (as Chief Minister), this situation could have
been avoided," he said.
A local court today rejected Yeddyurappa`s bail plea in
two cases relating to alleged land scams and remanded him in
judicial custody till October 22.
Kumaraswamy slammed the "celebrations" by the Congress
over Yeddyurappa`s arrest and said its leaders should
"introspect" on the corruption charges faced by its government
at the Centre.
Reacting to Yeddyurappa`s arrest, KPCC President G
Parameshwara told reporters at Shimoga that "everyone has to
bow their head to law of the land. Congress will expose the
misdeeds of a former minister hailing from Shimoga shortly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!