BSY should have taken corrective steps: K’swamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy, who
released documents relating to alleged irregularities in
denotification of lands by former Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa, on Saturday said had the BJP leader taken certain
corrective steps, he would not have landed in jail.
"This is very painful to me. This should not have
happened," Kumarswamy told reporters reacting to Yeddyurappa
surrendering before a court responding to the arrest warrant
issued against him.
"Had Yeddyurappa taken certain corrective measures in his
initial days (as Chief Minister), this situation could have
been avoided," he said.
A local court today rejected Yeddyurappa`s bail plea in
two cases relating to alleged land scams and remanded him in
judicial custody till October 22.
Kumaraswamy slammed the "celebrations" by the Congress
over Yeddyurappa`s arrest and said its leaders should
"introspect" on the corruption charges faced by its government
at the Centre.
Reacting to Yeddyurappa`s arrest, KPCC President G
Parameshwara told reporters at Shimoga that "everyone has to
bow their head to law of the land. Congress will expose the
misdeeds of a former minister hailing from Shimoga shortly".
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception