BSY should have taken corrective steps: K’swamy
Bangalore: JDS leader HD Kumaraswamy, who
released documents relating to alleged irregularities in
denotification of lands by former Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa, on Saturday said had the BJP leader taken certain
corrective steps, he would not have landed in jail.
"This is very painful to me. This should not have
happened," Kumarswamy told reporters reacting to Yeddyurappa
surrendering before a court responding to the arrest warrant
issued against him.
"Had Yeddyurappa taken certain corrective measures in his
initial days (as Chief Minister), this situation could have
been avoided," he said.
A local court today rejected Yeddyurappa`s bail plea in
two cases relating to alleged land scams and remanded him in
judicial custody till October 22.
Kumaraswamy slammed the "celebrations" by the Congress
over Yeddyurappa`s arrest and said its leaders should
"introspect" on the corruption charges faced by its government
at the Centre.
Reacting to Yeddyurappa`s arrest, KPCC President G
Parameshwara told reporters at Shimoga that "everyone has to
bow their head to law of the land. Congress will expose the
misdeeds of a former minister hailing from Shimoga shortly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past