BSY `smashes` Naidu`s laptop, Venkaiah denies
Bangalore: After being forced to step down as the chief minister of BJP’s first government in the South, BS Yeddyurappa has begun to vent out his anger at one and all.
If reports are to be believed, Yeddyurappa smashed senior party leader M Venkaiah Naidu’s laptop and slapped one of the state ministers.
Naidu has however denied that any such incident happened.
A leading newspaper on Tuesday quoted party sources as saying that the first incident happened on Sunday in a suite at Hotel Lalit Ashok when party’s central observers, Naidu and Arun Jaitley, asked Yeddyurappa to quit without delay in the wake of his indictment in the multi-crore mining scam by Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde.
A miffed Yeddyurappa, who was credited with bringing BJP to power for the first time in South India, became so angry that he grabbed Naidu`s laptop and smashed it on the floor.
Sources said it wasn’t the first incidence of the 68-year-old Lingayat leader venting out his anger. Earlier, the set-to-go CM slapped a state minister, who was close to him, when he tried to wake him up at his Race Course Road residence.
BSY, who was already angry at the central leadership for asking him to step down, lost control when the party even refused to accept his choice of successor.
The incident at Hotel Lalit Ashok was probably triggered by Naidu`s refusal to sign a letter supporting the outgoing CM’s choice of successor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what