BSY, Sreeramulu face off during Bellary campaign
Bellary (Karnataka): Former Karnataka Chief
Minister BS Yeddyurappa and BJP rebel B Sreeramulu on Tuesday
faced-off while campaigning for bye-election to November 30
Bellary rural assembly constituency, claiming that they were
Yeddyurappa said as chief minister he gave Bellary three
ministers (Reddy brothers and Sreeramulu) from the district.
"I was the only chief minister to have given Bellary three
ministers from the district," he said at Cowl Bazar.
BJP would take strict action against those BJP legislators
who were campaigning for Sreeramulu in the bypoll, Yeddyurappa
said. "A lesson will be taught to those supporting
Sreeramulu," he added.
Yeddyurappa said he was confident of party candidate
Gadi Linganappa winning the bypoll, which he considered as
crucial for both the party and the government.
"People in Bellary have seen our development works
across the state and they are with us. I am confident that
Gadi Lingappa will win the bypoll," he said.
Hitting back at Yeddyurappa while campaigning at Honalli
Tanda, Sreeramulu said he and Reddy brothers`, in fact,
were instrumental in making the BJP leader chief minister.
"With Reddy brothers` support Yeddyurappa became chief
minister ... also he has taken help from us whenever
required," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list