BSY threatens to plunge into anti-Guv campaign
Bangalore: Virtually serving an ultimatum to HR Bhardwaj, Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday threatened to plunge into the agitation against the Governor`s action recommending President`s rule in Karnataka if he failed
to give his approval by this evening for convening the Assembly from June 2.
"By this evening, news should reach me (from Raj Bhavan) that approval has been given for the (legislature) session," Yeddyurappa told reporters here, a day after a brief bonhomie between the two amidst a raging political war.
Otherwise, the Chief Minister said he would embark on a state-wide tour on an open-jeep addressing road-side rallies to build public opinion from tomorrow.
A ministerial delegation, led by Yeddyurappa, met the Governor yesterday and requested him to convene the session to pass the full budget.
Bhardwaj told him that he was awaiting decision of the Centre on his recommendation to impose President`s rule and asked the Chief Minister to wait for a "day or two" on the issue of his approval for the session.
On Congress today planning to stage a dharna near Mahatma Gandhi statue here seeking sacking of the Government, Yeddyurappa came down heavily on JD(S) supremo HD Deve Gowda and KPCC president G Parameshwara for "trying to exert
pressure" on the Governor to dismiss the government.
He flayed the Congress for its campaign seeking the ouster of the BJP government, saying the main opposition party is not honouring the people`s mandate, seeking to topple a duly elected government.
The Congress neither has the capacity nor strength to face the people, he said, noting that the BJP had won all the three Assembly by-elections recently.
"I have dealt with them respectfully so far. Henceforth, I will expose their immoralities and scandals," Yeddyurappa said. "I will not leave that easily".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand