BSY to lead agitation for spl status to N Karna
Shimoga: Former Chief Minister B S
Yeddurappa on Saturday said he would lead an agitation at Bidar on
January 24 to press for implementation of amendment to Article
371, enabling North Karnataka get special status.
"I will visit Bidar on January 24 to lead an agitation for
according special status to the backward north Karnataka
region," he told reporters here.
Describing himself as a "disciplined party worker", he said
he has embarked on a state-wide tour today to meet supporters
and that he would convey his stand on remaining in the party
after Sankranthi festival, which falls on January 15.
Yeddyurappa has been lobbying for a suitable position ever
since he was removed from the post of Chief Minister in August
last year on corruption charges and has said he will wait till
January 15 for the BJP high command to take a decision on his
He was made to quit by the central leadership after he
was indicted in the Lokayukta report on illegal mining and
replaced by D V Sadananda Gowda.
He declined to comment on a query about reported remarks
of other leaders in BJP party affairs. "People are expressing
their happiness on the good work done during my tenure as
Chief Minister for development of the state," he said.
Yeddyurappa also came down heavily on opposition Congress
for not supporting his developmental programmes and slammed
the Centre for not clearing power projects to overcome the
power crisis in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!