BSY, two sons get bail in illegal mining kickback case
Bangalore: The CBI court here today granted bail to former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, his two sons and son-in-law besides nine others in an illegal mining kickback case.
CBI judge M C Biradar, while imposing certain conditions, directed the accused, also including former minister Krishnaiah Setty, to furnish a personal bond of Rs 2 lakh each and surety of the like sum.
The court asked the accused to regularly appear before it on each date of hearing, not tamper with the prosecution witnesses, surrender their passports and not to leave the country without its permission.
The matter was adjourned to January 29 for hearing "before charge".
Yeddyurappa, his sons B Y Raghavendra, an MP, and B Y Vijayendra, son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar and Setty were present in the court on the summons issued by the court on Nov 16.
Observing that it was a fit case for extension of "this liberty" (bail), the court taking into consideration the status of the accused, stated "it could not gather that the accused would tamper with the prosecution witnesses or there was any possibility of their absconding".
The court also observed that the investigation was already over in the case.
Earlier, the court agreed with the contention of the Special Public Prosecutor that the interest of the state was important and proper conditions were required to be imposed on the accused if granted bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know