BSY’s sons, son-in-law granted anticipatory bail
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court Wednesday granted anticipatory bail to former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law, co-accused in a case of alleged irregularities in awarding of contracts for the Upper Bhadra irrigation project.
The case had been filed on a complaint before the Lokayukta court by JD(S) spokesperson Y S V Dutta.
Allowing the petitions filed by the trio, Justice K N Keshavanarayana granted anticipatory bail to B Y Raghavendra, an MP, B Y Vijayendra and R N Sohan Kumar on condition that they cooperate with the investigation, not leave the jurisdiction of the court without prior premission and not tamper with evidence.
Yeddyurappa has already been granted anticipatory bail in the complaint.
On May 26, the Lokayukta Court had rejected the Lokayukta police report in the case and had directed it to probe the charges against Yeddyurappa, Dhavalagiri Properties (a firm in which his two sons and son-in-law are proprietors), Sahyadri Healthcare and Murdeshwar Enterprises and submit its report.
The court had on September 21 ordered issue of a notice to Dutta and Lokayuta police on a criminal petition by Yeddyurappa and Dhavalagiri Properties seeking quashing of the September 4 order of issuance of summons.
Dutta alleged Yeddyurappa had received a Rs 16 crore kickback for awarding the contract for second stage of the project to RNS Infrastructure Limited and Jyothi Limited though the joint venture firm was the highest bidder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’