BSY`s supporters complain against Ananth Kumar to BJP leaders
New Delhi: With Karnataka Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa facing allegations of nepotism in land allotment,
his supporters in state BJP today complained to central party
leadership against senior leader H N Ananth Kumar accusing him
of inciting rebellion among party ranks for leadership change.
According to Yeddyurappa`s supporters, who met BJP
President Nitin Gadkari and Leader of the Opposition in Rajya
Sabha Arun Jaitley here, they also sought the immediate
intervention of the central leadership in putting a full stop
to Kumar`s alleged anti-Yeddyurappa activities.
The supporters told BJP central leaders about Kumar`s
alleged attempts to get Yeddyurappa removed from the top post.
The development came amid reports that Kumar had been
inciting some party MLAs against Yeddyurappa who is facing the
heat for allegedly favouring his sons in land allotment in the
The reports also suggested the Kumar was getting support
in his attempts to dislodge Yeddyurappa from Leader of the
Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and in getting State
Rural Development and Panchatai Raj Minister Jagadish Shettar
installed in the Chief Minister`s chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt