Bye-election to RS seat from Karna on March 3
New Delhi: Bye-election to a Rajya Sabha seat from Karnataka will be held on March three, the Election Commission announced on Monday.
Election to the seat has been necessitated following the death of sitting member M Rajasekara Murthy.
88-year old Murthy, a JD(S) member of Rajya Sabha, died on December 5 and his term of office was to expire on April 2 next year.
According to schedule, the notification will be issued on February 14. Last date for filing nominations will be February 21 and scrutiny would take place the following day. Last date for withdrawal of candidatures will be February 24.
Counting of votes will also take place on March 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi