Cabinet formation in two-three days: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Monday said Ministers would be inducted into his Cabinet by Friday even as he acknowledged that it`s a difficult exercise.
Addressing a press conference after the maiden Cabinet meeting, minutes after he was sworn in Chief Minister, he said he would be leaving for New Delhi tomorrow or the day after to hold discussions with Congress President Sonia Gandhi in this regard.
It`s being discussed whether it should have a two-tier (Cabinet Ministers and Ministers of State) and also if they should be sworn in two installments (or at one go), he said.
"It will be a balanced Cabinet", said Siddramaiah, noting that ministry-formation was always a difficult exercise, apparently referring to lobbying and more number of aspirants than can be accommodated.
The Ministry would be formed by Thursday or Friday, the Chief Minister said.
It`s no secret that intense lobbying is on in the legislature party for Ministerial berths. Caste and regional representation would be on focus, party sources said.
On his statement during election campaign that a special court would be set up to try corruption charges against the previous (BJP) government if his party came to power, Siddaramaiah said such matters have to be dealt within the legal framework.
He would discuss the issue with Law Department and Advocate General.
On Karnataka Prevention of Slaughter and Preservation of Cattle Bill, 2010, enacted during the previous BJP Government which is pending before the President for assent, Siddaramaiah said "1964 Act would be restored".
The opposition Congress in the previous Assembly, where Siddaramaiah was Leader of Opposition, had opposed the 2010 state bill.
Scope of the the 1964 Act is restricted to the slaughter of cows, calf and she-buffaloes, but allowed slaughter of bulls, bullocks and buffaloes if they were aged above 12 or if they were no longer fit for breeding or draught or did not give milk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India