Cabinet formation in two-three days: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Monday said Ministers would be inducted into his Cabinet by Friday even as he acknowledged that it`s a difficult exercise.
Addressing a press conference after the maiden Cabinet meeting, minutes after he was sworn in Chief Minister, he said he would be leaving for New Delhi tomorrow or the day after to hold discussions with Congress President Sonia Gandhi in this regard.
It`s being discussed whether it should have a two-tier (Cabinet Ministers and Ministers of State) and also if they should be sworn in two installments (or at one go), he said.
"It will be a balanced Cabinet", said Siddramaiah, noting that ministry-formation was always a difficult exercise, apparently referring to lobbying and more number of aspirants than can be accommodated.
The Ministry would be formed by Thursday or Friday, the Chief Minister said.
It`s no secret that intense lobbying is on in the legislature party for Ministerial berths. Caste and regional representation would be on focus, party sources said.
On his statement during election campaign that a special court would be set up to try corruption charges against the previous (BJP) government if his party came to power, Siddaramaiah said such matters have to be dealt within the legal framework.
He would discuss the issue with Law Department and Advocate General.
On Karnataka Prevention of Slaughter and Preservation of Cattle Bill, 2010, enacted during the previous BJP Government which is pending before the President for assent, Siddaramaiah said "1964 Act would be restored".
The opposition Congress in the previous Assembly, where Siddaramaiah was Leader of Opposition, had opposed the 2010 state bill.
Scope of the the 1964 Act is restricted to the slaughter of cows, calf and she-buffaloes, but allowed slaughter of bulls, bullocks and buffaloes if they were aged above 12 or if they were no longer fit for breeding or draught or did not give milk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?