Cabinet will have people with ‘clean image’: Siddaramaiah
New Delhi: With BJP`s debacle in Karnataka following corruption charges clearly on his mind, new Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday said he will have people with clean image in his Cabinet to be formed in a couple of days.
64-year-old Siddaramaiah, who took over as the Chief Minister on May 13, reached Delhi this afternoon and will hold consultation with central leadership on the composition of his Cabinet.
"Right now I cannot comment on any issue. I will be forming the Cabinet within 2-3 days with people having clean image," he said.
He will meet President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Siddaramaiah was chosen the Congress Legislature Party leader on Saturday after he upstaged party warhorse Union Minister Mallikarjun Kharge for the coveted post.
Siddaramaiah and KPCC chief G Parameshwara had led the Congress battle against BJP in the May five assembly polls, which paid rich dividends as the party riding on anti- incumbency put up an impressive show winning 121 seats, eight more than the required strength in the 224-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter