CAG raps Kumaraswamy, Yeddyurappa over land denotification
Belgaum: The Comptroller and Auditor General has rapped the BS Yedyyurappa and HD Kumaraswamy governments for "rampant" illegal denotification of land benefiting builders and companies during the 2007-11 period.
"During 2007-11, the government denotified 123 acres and 15.5 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq.Ft.) after taking possession and another 89 acres and 23.5 guntas of land after notifying the fact of taking possession," the CAG report said.
The CAG indictment comes as an additional embarrassment to Yeddyurappa and Kumaraswamy who are facing several private complaints in courts for allegedly denotifying land illegally.
Yeddyurappa, who severed his 40-year old association with BJP and formally launched his own outfit- Karnataka Janatha Party -- recently, had to spend 24 days in judicial custody last year in a land denotification case before being released on bail.
In its report placed before the Assembly, holding its winter session here, today, the CAG said denotification of 212 acres and 39 guntas during 2007-11 was done in "defiance of law," adding these cases had not been referred to the Denotification Committee.
The performance audit conducted in February-July 2012 covered the 2007-12 period. Kumaraswamy was the Chief Minister from February 4, 2006 to October 9, 2007 at the head of the JDS-BJP coalition. Yeddyurappa, heading the first-ever BJP government in the South, held the CM`s post from May 30, 2008 to July 31 last year.
"These denotifications defied law and had been done after land had been duly taken possession of even while many cases challenging the acquisition process had been pending in the courts," the report said.
In seven such cases, the government irregularly denotified 16 acres and 15.2 guntas in four layouts between October 2007 and September 2010 after the land had been taken possession of and developed by Bangalore Development Authority.
"These denotifications had been done pursuant to the orders of the incumbent Chief Ministers (H D Kumaraswamy and B S Yeddyurappa) who disregarded denotification law," the CAG report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced