Case against SM Krishna adjourned to May 5
Bangalore: Lokayukta Court on Wednesday adjourned to
May 5 further hearing on a private complaint against External
Affairs Minister SM Krishna and two other former Karnataka Chief Ministers accusing them of involvement in illegal
Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra Rao adjourned hearing on
the complaint filed by social activist T J Abraham after he
sought time in view of the matter coming up before the Supreme
Court on April 24 for final disposal.
In his complaint in December last year, Abraham had accused
Krishna (who was Chief Minister from October 1999 to May
2004), and his successors N Dharam Singh (Congress) and H
D Kumaraswamy (JDS) of having indulged in various acts of
illegal omission and commission in relation to grant of leases
for mining in the state during their tenure as Chief
Ministers. He also named 11 officials as co-accused.
During the earlier hearing on March 26, he had filed a
memo before Lokayukta court seeking a trial into the veracity
of contents of an affidavit filed by Samudaya Parivartana
Samaj (SPS) in the illegal mining case.
Abraham had submitted that the affidavit should be
examined to ascertain the genuineness of contents therein.
He had also submitted that the SPS had approached
Lokayukta court seeking to be arrayed as co-complainants in
the mining case, although there is no provision for the same
as per Criminal Procedure Code 1973.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA