Case filed against me politically motivated: Karnataka Minister
Bangalore: Karnataka Law Minister S Suresh Kumar on Sunday claimed that the land denotification case booked against him by police was done to ruin his political career.
He said the land referred to by Bangalore Metropolitan Task Force (BMTF) which booked the case against him does not come under his purview.
"In this case in April 2009, I referred the matter to the Advocate General`s opinion. As law minister it is my duty to forward the department`s opinion. It is up to the administrative department to decide on the opinion of the law department. The case is ridiculous and meant to ruin my political career," he said.
BMTF had yesterday booked cases against Kumar, his former Cabinet colleague Krishnaiah Setty and then Chief Minister`s former principal secretary VP Baligar for their alleged involvement in denotifying land measuring four acres and 20 guntas (one gunta is about 1,086 sq ft) at Laggere in Bangalore North taluk, meant for construction of houses for slum dwellers.
The land was allotted by the Karnataka Slum Clearance Board nearly three decades ago.
The FIR, filed on a complaint by one Dinesh Kallahalli, a Bangalore resident, said nearly 4.2 acres was acquired by the Board in Laggere in 1982 to build houses for the poor. The land belonged to Gopinath, brother of Narahari, a prominent RSS leader, he charged.
The complainant alleged that though the land was acquired nearly three decades ago, the government in 2009 decided to denotify it in the name of Gopinath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack