Cash for bail: ACB files supplementary chargesheet naming Reddy
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-bail scam involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, has filed a supplementary chargesheet naming him as an accused.
The chargesheet, filed in the special ACB court here, pertains to the first case registered against the suspended judge T Pattabhirama Rao and seven others, an official said, adding that Reddy figures in it as accused number 9.
Reddy, arrested in Obulapuram Mining Company scam, is accused (in this chargesheet) to have conspired to get bail by bribing special CBI judge T Pattabhirama Rao.
ACB`s first chargesheet of August 13 charges Rao and others of entering into a conspiracy. The second chargesheet, filed on September 6 against seven persons including Reddy, pertains to another attempt to bribe Rao
The case was exposed by CBI after judge Rao granted bail to Reddy while refusing the same relief to suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same (OMC) case.
High Court later suspended the judge and cancelled Reddy`s bail. ACB has so far arrested three serving judges including Pattabhirama and eight others in two cases related to the scandal.
They include two BJP legislators from Karnataka, Reddy`s brother and Bellary MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy and Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu; retired judge T V Chalpathi Rao, Pattabhirama`s son Ravi Chander, Dasaratha Ram Reddy (Reddy`s relative) and Yadagiri Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal