Cash for bail: ACB files supplementary chargesheet naming Reddy
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-bail scam involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, has filed a supplementary chargesheet naming him as an accused.
The chargesheet, filed in the special ACB court here, pertains to the first case registered against the suspended judge T Pattabhirama Rao and seven others, an official said, adding that Reddy figures in it as accused number 9.
Reddy, arrested in Obulapuram Mining Company scam, is accused (in this chargesheet) to have conspired to get bail by bribing special CBI judge T Pattabhirama Rao.
ACB`s first chargesheet of August 13 charges Rao and others of entering into a conspiracy. The second chargesheet, filed on September 6 against seven persons including Reddy, pertains to another attempt to bribe Rao
The case was exposed by CBI after judge Rao granted bail to Reddy while refusing the same relief to suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same (OMC) case.
High Court later suspended the judge and cancelled Reddy`s bail. ACB has so far arrested three serving judges including Pattabhirama and eight others in two cases related to the scandal.
They include two BJP legislators from Karnataka, Reddy`s brother and Bellary MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy and Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu; retired judge T V Chalpathi Rao, Pattabhirama`s son Ravi Chander, Dasaratha Ram Reddy (Reddy`s relative) and Yadagiri Rao.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan