Cash-for-bail: Mining baron Reddy`s relative arrested
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has made another arrest in the cash-for-bail scandal involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janaradhan Reddy.
Guduru Dasaratharami Reddy, a businessman who is one of the accused in the case pertaining to bribing of CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao to get bail for Janardhan Reddy in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam, was arrested last night.
Dasaratharami, a relative of mining baron Janaradhan Reddy, was produced before the special ACB court on Sunday, which remanded him in judicial custody till August 3.
With this, nine persons are now in jail in connection with the scandal, including judge Pattabhirama Rao (now suspended), two other lower court judges and retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao.
Pattabhirama Rao, additional special judge for CBI court, had granted bail to Janardhan Reddy while rejecting the bail plea of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same case.
Amid allegations of bribery against Pattabhirama Rao, the Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended him on May 31, while transferring the probe to the ACB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing