Cash-for-bail: Mining baron Reddy`s relative arrested
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has made another arrest in the cash-for-bail scandal involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janaradhan Reddy.
Guduru Dasaratharami Reddy, a businessman who is one of the accused in the case pertaining to bribing of CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao to get bail for Janardhan Reddy in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam, was arrested last night.
Dasaratharami, a relative of mining baron Janaradhan Reddy, was produced before the special ACB court on Sunday, which remanded him in judicial custody till August 3.
With this, nine persons are now in jail in connection with the scandal, including judge Pattabhirama Rao (now suspended), two other lower court judges and retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao.
Pattabhirama Rao, additional special judge for CBI court, had granted bail to Janardhan Reddy while rejecting the bail plea of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same case.
Amid allegations of bribery against Pattabhirama Rao, the Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended him on May 31, while transferring the probe to the ACB.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis