Cash-for-bail scam: Somsekhar Reddy arrested
Bangalore: BJP MLA Somsekhar Reddy was arrested by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials on Monday in connection to the cash-for-bail scam case, involving his brother and jailed former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Somashekhar has been charged with "playing a key role in bribing several crores" to suspended CBI court judge T Pattabhirama Rao in granting bail to his brother Janardhan Reddy.
He is the second Karnataka MLA and the 11th person to be arrested so far by the ACB in connection to the cash-for-bail case. BJP legislator from Kampli Suresh Babu was arrested by the ACB in connection to the case last week.
Suspended CBI court judge, Talluri Pattabhirama Rao, was arrested by ACB for allegedly taking bribe to grant bail to Janardhan Reddy in the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
Amid allegations of illegal gratification and corruption against Pattabhirama Rao, the Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended him on May 31 while transferring the case to ACB.
Apart from Rao, two other judges were arrested in the case so far.
In its complaint to ACB, the CBI which had cracked the case said Somashekhar, Suresh Babu, Dasaratha Ram Reddy (Gali`s relative), advocate T Aditya, retired judges T V Chalapathi Rao, Pattabhirama Rao and others had allegedly entered into a conspiracy for showing official favour and granting bail to Janardhan Reddy and thus committed criminal conduct.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'