Cash for seat row, Home Ministry seeks report from Karnataka
Bangalore: The Union Home Ministry has sought a report from the Karnataka Government on the cash-for-MLC seat audio CD controversy involving JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Tuesday.
The report would be submitted today or tomorrow, he told reporters here when asked about reports that the Union Home Ministry had asked the state to provide full details on the issue and the action taken.
Kumaraswamy is at the vortex of a controversy after the release of the CD about him purportedly telling the supporters of MLC seat aspirant Vijugowda Patil, a JDS leader from Bijapur District, about the demand for money from his party MLAs. In the CD, Kumaraswamy was heard purportedly saying, "40 people (JDS MLAs) are asking for 40 crore... This is my fate."
Unperturbed by the controversy, Kumaraswamy, a former Chief Minister, has defended himself, saying it had been blown out of proportion as if he had "committed a sin".
The issue has snowballed into a major controversy with prominent figures rapping Kumaraswamy and JDS for an attempt to commit electoral malpractice.
Former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde has flayed political parties for not raising the issue in the Assembly "for the fear of more exposures coming to light."
BJP and the Congress have also slammed the JDS leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt