Cauvery row: PM wants to woo Jayalalithaa, says Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Saturday accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of favouring Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, Yeddyurappa said: “The Prime Minister has taken all decisions by sitting in Delhi. Now they have sent a team to Mandya. Couldn’t they have done this before and taken the decision? There is no water and they have no idea of the ground realities. SM Krishna is in Delhi. Why is he not doing anything? The PM wants to save his government. That’s why all favourable decisions are made in favour of Jayalalitha”.
On Friday, Yeddyurappa launched an attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for asking Karnataka to release 9,000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu daily "without assessment of ground reality" on water storage levels in this state.
Yeddyurappa, who was on a day-long dharna to protest the Cauvery River Authority (CRA) order, demanded that the Prime Minister withdraw the diktat without "delaying even for a moment".
Karnataka on Saturday was paralysed due to a state-wide shutdown over the dispute.
The 12-hour shutdown from 6 am disrupted normal life in the city and river basin districts even as window-panes of some buses were damaged in stone-pelting incidents.
In Bangalore city, some persons pelted stones on some Bangalore metropolitan transport Corporation buses and damaged its window panes, police said.
As per initial reports, the bandh has evoked good response with normal life affected in Bangalore, and Cauvery basin districts of Mandya, Mysore, Hassan and Chamarajanagar.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’