Cauvery row: PM wants to woo Jayalalithaa, says Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Saturday accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of favouring Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalitha.
According to a report in CNN-IBN, Yeddyurappa said: “The Prime Minister has taken all decisions by sitting in Delhi. Now they have sent a team to Mandya. Couldn’t they have done this before and taken the decision? There is no water and they have no idea of the ground realities. SM Krishna is in Delhi. Why is he not doing anything? The PM wants to save his government. That’s why all favourable decisions are made in favour of Jayalalitha”.
On Friday, Yeddyurappa launched an attack on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for asking Karnataka to release 9,000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu daily "without assessment of ground reality" on water storage levels in this state.
Yeddyurappa, who was on a day-long dharna to protest the Cauvery River Authority (CRA) order, demanded that the Prime Minister withdraw the diktat without "delaying even for a moment".
Karnataka on Saturday was paralysed due to a state-wide shutdown over the dispute.
The 12-hour shutdown from 6 am disrupted normal life in the city and river basin districts even as window-panes of some buses were damaged in stone-pelting incidents.
In Bangalore city, some persons pelted stones on some Bangalore metropolitan transport Corporation buses and damaged its window panes, police said.
As per initial reports, the bandh has evoked good response with normal life affected in Bangalore, and Cauvery basin districts of Mandya, Mysore, Hassan and Chamarajanagar.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!