CBI begins Janardhan Reddy`s interrogation
Bangalore: The CBI has started interrogating former Karnataka Tourism Minister and mining baron G Janardhan Reddy in connection with an illegal mining case, agency sources said on Saturday.
According to the sources, the interrogation began in the morning, a day after Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge B M Angadi remanded Reddy to CBI custody till March 12.
CBI officials, besides jail authorities were present during the interrogation, CBI sources said. What transpired was, however, not known.
Reddy and 20 others are facing charges for their alleged involvement in illegal mining, over which the CBI had filed an FIR against them in October last.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Both the firms were also involved in illegal transport of iron ore. Reddy was produced before the Special CBI court here yesterday amid tight security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'