CBI begins Janardhan Reddy`s interrogation
Bangalore: The CBI has started interrogating former Karnataka Tourism Minister and mining baron G Janardhan Reddy in connection with an illegal mining case, agency sources said on Saturday.
According to the sources, the interrogation began in the morning, a day after Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge B M Angadi remanded Reddy to CBI custody till March 12.
CBI officials, besides jail authorities were present during the interrogation, CBI sources said. What transpired was, however, not known.
Reddy and 20 others are facing charges for their alleged involvement in illegal mining, over which the CBI had filed an FIR against them in October last.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Both the firms were also involved in illegal transport of iron ore. Reddy was produced before the Special CBI court here yesterday amid tight security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what