CBI conducts searches at iron ore stockyard
Bellary: A ten-member CBI team on Friday conducted searches at an iron ore stockyard of a private transport company at Kallahalli in the district as part of its continuing probe into its illegal export from Belikeri port.
The team, headed by CBI Inspector Hemanthkumar, perused transport permits and other documents at the stockyard, CBI sources here said.
The team is likely to continue visit to some more stock yards tomorrow, sources said.
It is believed about 50.79 lakh metric tons of iron ore was transported into Belikere port in Karwar from Hospet, Sandur and Bellary during 2009 and 2010.
About 90 percent of the illegally exported iron ore consignment is believed to have come from Bellary district, according to sources.
On Sept 15 2012, CBI had filed an FIR against 147 persons and 50 mining firms with regard to illegal iron ore export from Bellikeri port in Uttara Kannada district in Uttara Kannada district, investigation of which has been entrusted to it by the Supreme Court.
CBI had also filed a criminal case on the directions of the Apex Court in October 2011 against jailed mining baron G Janardhan Reddy and others under various IPC sections, Prevention of Corruption Act, Indian Forest Act and Mines and Minerals Development and Regulation Act 1957.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'