CBI conducts searches at iron ore stockyard
Bellary: A ten-member CBI team on Friday conducted searches at an iron ore stockyard of a private transport company at Kallahalli in the district as part of its continuing probe into its illegal export from Belikeri port.
The team, headed by CBI Inspector Hemanthkumar, perused transport permits and other documents at the stockyard, CBI sources here said.
The team is likely to continue visit to some more stock yards tomorrow, sources said.
It is believed about 50.79 lakh metric tons of iron ore was transported into Belikere port in Karwar from Hospet, Sandur and Bellary during 2009 and 2010.
About 90 percent of the illegally exported iron ore consignment is believed to have come from Bellary district, according to sources.
On Sept 15 2012, CBI had filed an FIR against 147 persons and 50 mining firms with regard to illegal iron ore export from Bellikeri port in Uttara Kannada district in Uttara Kannada district, investigation of which has been entrusted to it by the Supreme Court.
CBI had also filed a criminal case on the directions of the Apex Court in October 2011 against jailed mining baron G Janardhan Reddy and others under various IPC sections, Prevention of Corruption Act, Indian Forest Act and Mines and Minerals Development and Regulation Act 1957.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?