CBI court extends JC of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Saturday extended till
April 17 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special
court judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate
owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing
probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 17 by the Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016
- Facing protest over lowering of EPF interest rate, Labour Minister to meet Arun Jaitley