CBI court extends JC of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Saturday extended till
April 17 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special
court judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate
owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing
probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 17 by the Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!