CBI court extends JC of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Saturday extended till
April 17 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special
court judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate
owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing
probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 17 by the Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price