CBI court extends JC of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Saturday extended till
April 17 judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI special
court judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of custody.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate
owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have been facing
probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 17 by the Judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter