CBI court extends judicial custody of Reddy, 4 others to Jun 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 18, judicial custody of former Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy, owner of Associated Mining Corporation, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and three others after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of custody.
All the five were produced in court through video conferencing.
On May 30,the CBI court had dismissed their bail petitions on the ground that they had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude effecting the very economy of the country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre