CBI court extends judicial custody of Reddy, 4 others to Jun 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 18, judicial custody of former Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy, owner of Associated Mining Corporation, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and three others after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of custody.
All the five were produced in court through video conferencing.
On May 30,the CBI court had dismissed their bail petitions on the ground that they had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude effecting the very economy of the country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket