CBI court extends judicial custody of Reddy, 4 others to Jun 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 18, judicial custody of former Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy, owner of Associated Mining Corporation, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and three others after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of custody.
All the five were produced in court through video conferencing.
On May 30,the CBI court had dismissed their bail petitions on the ground that they had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude effecting the very economy of the country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur