CBI court extends judicial custody of Reddy, 4 others to Jun 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 18, judicial custody of former Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy, owner of Associated Mining Corporation, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and three others after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of custody.
All the five were produced in court through video conferencing.
On May 30,the CBI court had dismissed their bail petitions on the ground that they had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude effecting the very economy of the country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon