CBI court extends judicial custody of Reddy, 4 others to Jun 18
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till June 18, judicial custody of former Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in connection with an illegal mining case involving his firm that allegedly caused a loss of Rs 480 crore to the state exchequer.
CBI court judge B M Angadi extended the judicial custody of Reddy, owner of Associated Mining Corporation, his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and three others after the CBI filed an application seeking extension of custody.
All the five were produced in court through video conferencing.
On May 30,the CBI court had dismissed their bail petitions on the ground that they had committed an economic offence of "high magnitude effecting the very economy of the country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video