CBI files chargesheet in illegal iron ore export
New Delhi: CBI has filed a charge sheet in connection with alleged illegal export of iron ore from Belekari port in Karnataka naming a mining company and its managing director as accused among others.
The agency filed the charge sheet before Special CBI court naming as accused Greetex Mining Industries, its Managing Director Ajay Kharbanda besides the then Deputy Port Conservator Mahesh Biliye, Port officer Karawar port, C Swamy, assistant coservator forest Narendra Hittalmakki, Range forest officer Govinda Naik, CBI said.
The accused have been booked for sections under Indian Penal Code related to criminal conspiracy, criminial breach of trust, cheating and provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act, CBI said in a statement.
"It was alleged that the accused persons had conspired with each other in the matter of exporting 34555.06 MT of iron ore from Belekeri Port which was seized by the forest Department of Karnataka Government and handed over to the port authorities for safe custody, by violating the orders of Karnataka High Court," CBI said.
The agency registered the case on September 13, 2012 on the directions of Supreme Court to investigate the illegalities committed by various persons in the export of iron ore from Belekeri Port, it said.
Swamy, Hittalmakki and Naik have been arrested during investigation and are presently in judicial custody.
"Further investigation into the role of other exporters is continuing," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list