CBI gets a week to file objections to Reddy`s bail
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday granted one week time to CBI to file its objections to the bail petition of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy, main accused in the illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Company.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das granted time when the bail petition filed by Reddy came up for hearing before him.
Reddy, arrested in September last year by CBI in connection with alleged illegal mining, has approached the high court after his bail plea was rejected by the CBI court last month.
On October 12, CBI court had extended the judicial custody of Reddy and four others to November 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam