CBI gets a week to file objections to Reddy`s bail
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday granted one week time to CBI to file its objections to the bail petition of mining baron and former minister G Janardhana Reddy, main accused in the illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Company.
Justice HN Nagamohan Das granted time when the bail petition filed by Reddy came up for hearing before him.
Reddy, arrested in September last year by CBI in connection with alleged illegal mining, has approached the high court after his bail plea was rejected by the CBI court last month.
On October 12, CBI court had extended the judicial custody of Reddy and four others to November 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games