CBI granted 1 day time to file documents in Reddy`s bail plea
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Monday granted time till tomorrow to CBI to file additional documents in connection with the bail petition moved by mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, the main accused in the illegal mining case involving Associated Mining Company.
When the petition came up for further hearing before Justice HN Nagamohan Das, he granted time till tomorrow to CBI probing the case, to file additional documents.
Senior counsel for CBI Ashok Bhan, opposing the bail petition, submitted that though the chargesheet has been filed in the case, further investigation is on.
When the court sought to know as to what is the link between the main accused (Reddy) and the various companies which have been chargesheeted, Bhan submitted "it is part of a business transaction involving Rs 3,000 crore where the money has been stashed sway in Singapore, Malaysia and England".
The Enforcement Directorate is also looking into it. "Thirteen companies are involved. All are employees of Janardhana Reddy and his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan who is also an accused in the case, is a partner".
Terming it as an "economic offence", Bhan submitted "is nothing but loot, plunder of public resource thereby impoverishing the society for enriching himself".
He contended that Reddy had illegally entered into a partnership with the said companies and "did not just confine himself to the mining lease but went beyond..... He constructed a more than 4 km road in the forest area to transport the illegally extracted iron ore".
Bhan submitted that offence committed by the accused "does not come under ordinary jurisprudence but constitutional jurisprudence" and pointed out that the accused was continuously threatening the witnesses.
The court then observed that no material has been placed on record that investigation is continuing and also about the alleged involvement of the 13 companies.
Bhan then sought time till tomorrow to file the additional documents which was granted by the court.
Reddy had approached the High Court after his bail plea was rejected by the CBI court in September.
It may be noted that the bail petitions of his close aide Mehfuz Ali Khan, S Muthaiah, the then Deputy Conservator of Forest (DCF) Bellary district and S P Raju, the then Director Mines and Geology, the other accused in the case have already been rejected by the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'