CBI grills Reddy, 2 associates in ore export scam
Bangalore: CBI on Saturday grilled former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and two of his associates in connection with an alleged iron ore export scam.
Reddy as well as Mehfuz Ali Khan and Karapudi Mahesh were questioned separately for a few hours, said sources in CBI whose action came a day after a CBI court here directed the agency to interrogate them for their alleged role in illegal export of around 5.1 million tonnes of iron ore from Belekeri port from January 2009 to May 2010.
CBI questioned Reddy about the alleged involvement of his Associated Mining Company in the export scam, sources said.
The illegal export from Belekeri port was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde who had, in his report, said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-2011.
Reddy and Khan were brought here yesterday from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are being tried in another case in connection with alleged mining scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack