CBI grills Reddy, 2 associates in ore export scam
Bangalore: CBI on Saturday grilled former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and two of his associates in connection with an alleged iron ore export scam.
Reddy as well as Mehfuz Ali Khan and Karapudi Mahesh were questioned separately for a few hours, said sources in CBI whose action came a day after a CBI court here directed the agency to interrogate them for their alleged role in illegal export of around 5.1 million tonnes of iron ore from Belekeri port from January 2009 to May 2010.
CBI questioned Reddy about the alleged involvement of his Associated Mining Company in the export scam, sources said.
The illegal export from Belekeri port was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde who had, in his report, said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-2011.
Reddy and Khan were brought here yesterday from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are being tried in another case in connection with alleged mining scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends