CBI grills Reddy, 2 associates in ore export scam
Bangalore: CBI on Saturday grilled former Karnataka Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and two of his associates in connection with an alleged iron ore export scam.
Reddy as well as Mehfuz Ali Khan and Karapudi Mahesh were questioned separately for a few hours, said sources in CBI whose action came a day after a CBI court here directed the agency to interrogate them for their alleged role in illegal export of around 5.1 million tonnes of iron ore from Belekeri port from January 2009 to May 2010.
CBI questioned Reddy about the alleged involvement of his Associated Mining Company in the export scam, sources said.
The illegal export from Belekeri port was exposed by former Karnataka Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde who had, in his report, said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-2011.
Reddy and Khan were brought here yesterday from Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad where they are being tried in another case in connection with alleged mining scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule