CBI interrogates Reddy’s assistant in mining case
Bellary: The CBI, investigating cases of illegal mining against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy on Wednesday resumed interrogation of his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and took him to various iron ore stock yards in the district.
A five-member CBI team led by SP Subramaneshwar Rao took Khan, a co-accused in the cases, to various iron ore stock yards as part of the investigation, CBI sources said.
CBI officials were accompanied by Bellary tahsildar Basavaraj Somannavvar and mines and geology officials, who collected vital information relating to the mining barons and their activities, the sources said.
Khan, who was lodged in Parappana Agrahara central jail after he surrendered on March 2, was brought to Bellary yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city