CBI interrogates Reddy’s assistant in mining case
Bellary: The CBI, investigating cases of illegal mining against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy on Wednesday resumed interrogation of his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and took him to various iron ore stock yards in the district.
A five-member CBI team led by SP Subramaneshwar Rao took Khan, a co-accused in the cases, to various iron ore stock yards as part of the investigation, CBI sources said.
CBI officials were accompanied by Bellary tahsildar Basavaraj Somannavvar and mines and geology officials, who collected vital information relating to the mining barons and their activities, the sources said.
Khan, who was lodged in Parappana Agrahara central jail after he surrendered on March 2, was brought to Bellary yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed