CBI interrogates Reddy’s assistant in mining case
Bellary: The CBI, investigating cases of illegal mining against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy on Wednesday resumed interrogation of his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and took him to various iron ore stock yards in the district.
A five-member CBI team led by SP Subramaneshwar Rao took Khan, a co-accused in the cases, to various iron ore stock yards as part of the investigation, CBI sources said.
CBI officials were accompanied by Bellary tahsildar Basavaraj Somannavvar and mines and geology officials, who collected vital information relating to the mining barons and their activities, the sources said.
Khan, who was lodged in Parappana Agrahara central jail after he surrendered on March 2, was brought to Bellary yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal