CBI interrogates Reddy’s assistant in mining case
Bellary: The CBI, investigating cases of illegal mining against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy on Wednesday resumed interrogation of his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and took him to various iron ore stock yards in the district.
A five-member CBI team led by SP Subramaneshwar Rao took Khan, a co-accused in the cases, to various iron ore stock yards as part of the investigation, CBI sources said.
CBI officials were accompanied by Bellary tahsildar Basavaraj Somannavvar and mines and geology officials, who collected vital information relating to the mining barons and their activities, the sources said.
Khan, who was lodged in Parappana Agrahara central jail after he surrendered on March 2, was brought to Bellary yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway