CBI interrogates Reddy’s assistant in mining case
Bellary: The CBI, investigating cases of illegal mining against former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy on Wednesday resumed interrogation of his personal assistant Mehfuz Ali Khan and took him to various iron ore stock yards in the district.
A five-member CBI team led by SP Subramaneshwar Rao took Khan, a co-accused in the cases, to various iron ore stock yards as part of the investigation, CBI sources said.
CBI officials were accompanied by Bellary tahsildar Basavaraj Somannavvar and mines and geology officials, who collected vital information relating to the mining barons and their activities, the sources said.
Khan, who was lodged in Parappana Agrahara central jail after he surrendered on March 2, was brought to Bellary yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad