CBI officials inspect Cong MLA firm`s mining area
Bellary: A CBI team on Saturday inspected the mining area and stockyard of a company in the district of which ruling Congress MLA Anil Lad is a partner, in connection with the alleged scam of exporting iron ore illegally from Belikere port.
The 10-member team, during its inspection of V S Lad and Sons company`s mining area, sought to know the extent of ore excavated, official sources said.
CBI has been investigating the case on a Supreme Court order which had appointed the Central Empowered Committee (CEC) into the issue.
The illegal export of iron ore from Belikeri port in Karnataka`s Uttara Kannada district was exposed by former Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, who in his report, had said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-11, causing huge loss to the exchequer.
CBI had earlier arrested four MLAs --Anand Singh (BJP), B Nagendra and Satish Sail, both independents and Suresh Babu of BSR Congress headed by former minister B Sriramulu, a close aide of mining baron and former minister Janardhana Reddy, in connection with the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?