CBI officials inspect Cong MLA firm`s mining area
Bellary: A CBI team on Saturday inspected the mining area and stockyard of a company in the district of which ruling Congress MLA Anil Lad is a partner, in connection with the alleged scam of exporting iron ore illegally from Belikere port.
The 10-member team, during its inspection of V S Lad and Sons company`s mining area, sought to know the extent of ore excavated, official sources said.
CBI has been investigating the case on a Supreme Court order which had appointed the Central Empowered Committee (CEC) into the issue.
The illegal export of iron ore from Belikeri port in Karnataka`s Uttara Kannada district was exposed by former Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde, who in his report, had said 7.74 million tonnes of iron ore were illegally exported between 2006-2007 and 2010-11, causing huge loss to the exchequer.
CBI had earlier arrested four MLAs --Anand Singh (BJP), B Nagendra and Satish Sail, both independents and Suresh Babu of BSR Congress headed by former minister B Sriramulu, a close aide of mining baron and former minister Janardhana Reddy, in connection with the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video