CBI searches OMC`s office in Bellary
Bellary (Karnataka): A CBI team on Sunday today arried
out searches in the office of the Obulapuram Mining Company,
owned by Reddy brothers, here, and seized files and CDs,
This is the second such operation by the investigating
agency at the OMC`s office here - the first being on December
The 11-member team broke open the office lock to carry out
the searches in the wee hours and seized four hard discs,
three computers and numerous files and CDs, police said.
The CBI, probing alleged illegal mining and irregularities
in allotment of mining leases to OMC, had arrested one of the
three Reddy brothers, Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law
and OMC Managing Director Srinivas Reddy on September 5 from
The two are under judicial custody till October 3 and
lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison in Hyderabad.
The Supreme Court on September 23 asked the CBI to probe
the "linkage" between mining activities in Bellary district
and Ananthpur in Andhra Pradesh allegedly involving the Reddy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sleeping near chicken can protect you from malaria!
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue