CBI searches Reddy aide`s house
Bellary: The CBI sleuths on Thursday conducted searches at the residence of Karapudi Mahesh, a close associate of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in connection with its ongoing probe into illegal iron ore export from Belikeri port in Uttara Kannada district.
The six-member team led by CBI Superintendent of Police Subramanyeshwara Rao swooped down on the residence of Mahesh, according to the sources in the investigating agency.
Sources said some documents pertained to transport of iron ore and also details of a stock yard owned by Mahesh have been recovered during the search.
Under a directive of Supreme Court, the CBI is probing illegal export of iron ore during 2009-10.
Reddy is in judicial custody since August 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill