CBI searches Reddy aide`s house
Bellary: The CBI sleuths on Thursday conducted searches at the residence of Karapudi Mahesh, a close associate of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in connection with its ongoing probe into illegal iron ore export from Belikeri port in Uttara Kannada district.
The six-member team led by CBI Superintendent of Police Subramanyeshwara Rao swooped down on the residence of Mahesh, according to the sources in the investigating agency.
Sources said some documents pertained to transport of iron ore and also details of a stock yard owned by Mahesh have been recovered during the search.
Under a directive of Supreme Court, the CBI is probing illegal export of iron ore during 2009-10.
Reddy is in judicial custody since August 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack