CBI searches Reddy aide`s house
Bellary: The CBI sleuths on Thursday conducted searches at the residence of Karapudi Mahesh, a close associate of jailed mining baron and former Karnataka minister G Janardhana Reddy, in connection with its ongoing probe into illegal iron ore export from Belikeri port in Uttara Kannada district.
The six-member team led by CBI Superintendent of Police Subramanyeshwara Rao swooped down on the residence of Mahesh, according to the sources in the investigating agency.
Sources said some documents pertained to transport of iron ore and also details of a stock yard owned by Mahesh have been recovered during the search.
Under a directive of Supreme Court, the CBI is probing illegal export of iron ore during 2009-10.
Reddy is in judicial custody since August 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday