CBI team inspects Reddy brothers` mining firms in Bellary
Bellary: A CBI team on Wednesday inspected records of
five mining firms owned by Karnataka Minister and mining
magnate G Janardhana Reddy and his family members facing
charges of illegal mining.
The 10-member team led by CBI DIG C V Lakshminarasimha,
accompanied by officials from Mines and Geology and Survey
departments, also inspected the mining areas of the five firms
and another mining company.
CBI had raided the premises of the companies on January 13
in the wake of the Supreme Court-appointed Central Empowered
Committee CEC) submitting its report in which it recommended
cancellation of mining lease to the Reddy brothers` firms in
Andhra Pradesh for allegedly flouting environmental laws.
CEC was asked to examine whether mining was going on in
the forest area of Bellary region in Ananthapur district
comprising border areas of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, and
if so, what action should be taken to stop it.
During today`s exercise, the officials perused the map of
mining areas for which licences had been granted to three
units of Obulapuram Mining Corporation, Ananthapur Mining
Company, Bellary Iron Ore Company and Y Mahabaleshwarappa and
Sons Mining Company, official sources said here.
The CBI team inspected records of number of transport
permits secured by these firms, the quantum of iron ore mined
by them in Tumti and Vitlapura mining areas.
The inspection of records would continue till February 12,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'