CBI team inspects Reddy brothers` mining firms in Bellary
Bellary: A CBI team on Wednesday inspected records of
five mining firms owned by Karnataka Minister and mining
magnate G Janardhana Reddy and his family members facing
charges of illegal mining.
The 10-member team led by CBI DIG C V Lakshminarasimha,
accompanied by officials from Mines and Geology and Survey
departments, also inspected the mining areas of the five firms
and another mining company.
CBI had raided the premises of the companies on January 13
in the wake of the Supreme Court-appointed Central Empowered
Committee CEC) submitting its report in which it recommended
cancellation of mining lease to the Reddy brothers` firms in
Andhra Pradesh for allegedly flouting environmental laws.
CEC was asked to examine whether mining was going on in
the forest area of Bellary region in Ananthapur district
comprising border areas of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, and
if so, what action should be taken to stop it.
During today`s exercise, the officials perused the map of
mining areas for which licences had been granted to three
units of Obulapuram Mining Corporation, Ananthapur Mining
Company, Bellary Iron Ore Company and Y Mahabaleshwarappa and
Sons Mining Company, official sources said here.
The CBI team inspected records of number of transport
permits secured by these firms, the quantum of iron ore mined
by them in Tumti and Vitlapura mining areas.
The inspection of records would continue till February 12,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested