CBI team visit Reddy`s mines in Bellary district
Bellary: CBI on Thursday inspected Associated
Mining Company and Deccan Mining Syndicate in Ramgad mining
area in Sandur taluk in connection with its ongoing probe into
illegal mining in Karnataka.
A five member team, headed by CBI Superintendent of Police,
Subramanyeshwar Rao, armed with samples of the iron ore from
Belikeri port which was illegally exported to various
countries, compared it with iron ore in AMC and DMS mining
areas, CBI sources said.
CBI is being assisted by experts from Mines and Geology
department, sources said.
Associated Mining Corporation and Deccan Mining Syndicate
owned, by former Minister G Janardhana Reddy and his wife
Aruna Lakshmi are facing a probe for alleged illegal mining
following a Supreme Court directive.
AMC had transported 0.80 lakh tons of iron ore to Belikeri
port from Ramgad mining area on March 23 last year, CBI
CBI officials have also collected iron ore samples from
Krishnapatnam port, which belonged to DMS, sources said.
According to agency sources, the DMS allegedly routed its
iron ore through the Obulapuram Mining Corporation belonging
to Reddy and OMC illegally exported it from Krishnapatnam
Reddy is in judicial custody at Parappana Agrahara Central
Prison in Bangalore following his arrest by CBI in connection
with illegal mining case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'