CBI team visits OMC mining area
Bellary: Continuing its investigations
into illegal mining, a CBI team Thursday visited mining areas of Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) on the Karnataka-Andhra
The team, headed by Assistant Superintendent of Police Khan, inspected Antargangamma Konda mining area where Associated Mining Company (AMC), owned by the arrested mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, is located, CBI sources said here.
The team inspected the border markings and also mining
areas suspected to have been encroached by the AMC.
A CBI source said the agency was contemplating attachment
of properties of Janardhana Reddy in connection with illegal
The agency also requested the district administration to
provide it a suitable office building for its functioning.
Deputy Commissioner Amlan Aditya Biswas said a suitable
building would be allotted shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Hyundai Grand i10 Special Edition launched in India at Rs 6.05 lakh
- Shiv Sena backs Bajrang Dal, says 'take arms to fight terrorism'
- Original seeds of monster black holes detected, claim astronomers
- OnePlus to launch Loop VR headset this summer
- Wishes galore! Look what Bollywood has to say on Karan Johar's 44th birthday