CBI team visits OMC mining area
Bellary: Continuing its investigations
into illegal mining, a CBI team Thursday visited mining areas of Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) on the Karnataka-Andhra
The team, headed by Assistant Superintendent of Police Khan, inspected Antargangamma Konda mining area where Associated Mining Company (AMC), owned by the arrested mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, is located, CBI sources said here.
The team inspected the border markings and also mining
areas suspected to have been encroached by the AMC.
A CBI source said the agency was contemplating attachment
of properties of Janardhana Reddy in connection with illegal
The agency also requested the district administration to
provide it a suitable office building for its functioning.
Deputy Commissioner Amlan Aditya Biswas said a suitable
building would be allotted shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy