CBI team visits Reddy mines in Bellary district
Bellary: A CBI team on Friday visited two
mining companies in Ramghad area in Sandur taluk in connection
with its ongoing probe into illegal mining in Karnataka.
The 10-member team headed by CBI Superintendent of Police,
Subramanya Rao, armed with samples of iron ore from Belikeri
port which was illegally exported to various countries,
compared it with iron ore in Associated Mining Company and
Deccan Mining Syndicates, CBI sources said.
AMC is owned by Aruna Lakshmi, wife of jailed mining baron
and former Minister G Janardhana Reddy which has lease on 25
acres in Ramghad.
According to CBI sources, AMC had transported 0.80 lakh
tons of iron ore to Belikeri port from Ramghad mining area on
March 23 last year. CBI officials have also collected iron ore
samples from Krishnapatnam port, which belonged to DMC.
The DMC allegedly routed its iron ore through the
Obulapuram Mining Corporation belonging to Reddy and OMC
illegally exported the mineral from Krishnapatnam port. CBI is
being assisted by experts from Mines and Geology department,
Reddy along with OMC Managing Director B V Srinivasa Reddy
are in judicial custody at the Chanchalguda jail in Hyderabad
following their arrest by CBI in connection with illegal
mining on August 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged