CBSE syllabus in PUC in Karnataka from 2012-13
Bangalore: CBSE syllabus would be introduced
in science stream (physics, chemistry, maths, biology) in
Pre-University Course (PUC) in Karnataka from the next
academic year, Primary and Second Education Minister,
Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri, said today.
First year PUC students (11th standard) would have CBSE
syllabus from 2012-13 and continue with it next year (12th
standard). Those who are in second PUC (12th standard) next
year (2012-13) would, however, have state syllabus, he told
"The aim is to see that the students are able to compete
in all-India exams effectively," the Minister said.
Bridge course would be conducted after SSLC (10th standard)
as students are bound to face some hardship and pressure while
switching over to the CBSE syllabus, Kageri said, adding,
teachers would also be trained in the process.
Fifth and 8th standard students would have new text books
from the coming academic year (2012-13), while the remaining
standards would have new books from 2013-14, he said.
Course materials on the lines of CBSE are being finalised
by resource persons as per the National Curriculum Framework
2005, the Minister said, adding extensive consultations had
been held with former education ministers, experts and NGOs on
updating content in tune with present times.
Meanwhile, Kageri said said the Government would open a
security press at Peenya here in the next financial year.
He also said the two-day "Kadambotsava-2011", a mega
cultural fest, would be held at the ancient city of Banavasi
in Uttara Kannada district from December 24. On the occasion,
the coveted "Pampa Prashasti" award would be presented to
acclaimed Kannada literary figure Chandrashekar Patil (Champa)
by Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow