CBSE syllabus in PUC in Karnataka from 2012-13
Bangalore: CBSE syllabus would be introduced
in science stream (physics, chemistry, maths, biology) in
Pre-University Course (PUC) in Karnataka from the next
academic year, Primary and Second Education Minister,
Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri, said today.
First year PUC students (11th standard) would have CBSE
syllabus from 2012-13 and continue with it next year (12th
standard). Those who are in second PUC (12th standard) next
year (2012-13) would, however, have state syllabus, he told
"The aim is to see that the students are able to compete
in all-India exams effectively," the Minister said.
Bridge course would be conducted after SSLC (10th standard)
as students are bound to face some hardship and pressure while
switching over to the CBSE syllabus, Kageri said, adding,
teachers would also be trained in the process.
Fifth and 8th standard students would have new text books
from the coming academic year (2012-13), while the remaining
standards would have new books from 2013-14, he said.
Course materials on the lines of CBSE are being finalised
by resource persons as per the National Curriculum Framework
2005, the Minister said, adding extensive consultations had
been held with former education ministers, experts and NGOs on
updating content in tune with present times.
Meanwhile, Kageri said said the Government would open a
security press at Peenya here in the next financial year.
He also said the two-day "Kadambotsava-2011", a mega
cultural fest, would be held at the ancient city of Banavasi
in Uttara Kannada district from December 24. On the occasion,
the coveted "Pampa Prashasti" award would be presented to
acclaimed Kannada literary figure Chandrashekar Patil (Champa)
by Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened