CD row: Kumaraswamy turns emotional in Assembly
Bangalore: Turning emotional in Karnataka Assembly over an audio CD on the cash-for-MLC seat controversy involving him, JDS leader and former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy today offered to face any probe into the issue and said he was ready to go to jail if he was guilty.
Raising the issue during the debate on revenue related matters, Kumaraswamy maintained that he had committed no crime and had only spoken about the falling standards of politics, which has landed him in a major political row.
"I am ready to face any kind of probe. I am ready to go to jail," said an emotional Kumaraswamy who, in the CD clips played by TV channels, purportedly told supporters of MLC seat aspirant Vijugowda Patil, a JDS leader from Bijapur district, about the demand for money from his party MLAs.
"40 people (JDS MLAs) are asking for 40 crore... This is my fate," Kumaraswamy is heard saying. The JDS leader also said, "I am also ready for a debate on the the issue on the floor of the House."
Ever since the controversy exploded in his face, Kumaraswamy has maintained that no transaction had taken place and he was being portrayed as if he was a "villain" and had committed "a sin".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!