CEC team visits mining areas in Bellary district
Bellary (Karnataka): The Supreme Court
appointed Central Empowered Committee (CEC), headed by PV
Jayakrishnan, on Monday visited the mining areas in Tumuti in the
district to monitor the ongoing survey and demarcation of
mining leases in the area as directed by the apex court.
The survey and demarcation was conducted by personnel from
revenue, forest, mining and geological departments, along with
Bellary Deputy Commissioner Aditya Amlan Biswas, official
The CEC team is scheduled to visit the mining areas in
Bellary, Hospet and Sandur till January 25, the sources said.
The supreme court has last year banned all mining
activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch