CEC team visits mining areas in Bellary district
Bellary (Karnataka): The Supreme Court
appointed Central Empowered Committee (CEC), headed by PV
Jayakrishnan, on Monday visited the mining areas in Tumuti in the
district to monitor the ongoing survey and demarcation of
mining leases in the area as directed by the apex court.
The survey and demarcation was conducted by personnel from
revenue, forest, mining and geological departments, along with
Bellary Deputy Commissioner Aditya Amlan Biswas, official
The CEC team is scheduled to visit the mining areas in
Bellary, Hospet and Sandur till January 25, the sources said.
The supreme court has last year banned all mining
activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Immigration control a top priority: Stephen Crabb who is running to replace David Cameron
- Four Indian-Americans to be honoured with Great Immigrants Award
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart