CEC team visits mining areas in Bellary district
Bellary (Karnataka): The Supreme Court
appointed Central Empowered Committee (CEC), headed by PV
Jayakrishnan, on Monday visited the mining areas in Tumuti in the
district to monitor the ongoing survey and demarcation of
mining leases in the area as directed by the apex court.
The survey and demarcation was conducted by personnel from
revenue, forest, mining and geological departments, along with
Bellary Deputy Commissioner Aditya Amlan Biswas, official
The CEC team is scheduled to visit the mining areas in
Bellary, Hospet and Sandur till January 25, the sources said.
The supreme court has last year banned all mining
activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok