CEC team visits mining areas in Bellary district
Bellary (Karnataka): The Supreme Court
appointed Central Empowered Committee (CEC), headed by PV
Jayakrishnan, on Monday visited the mining areas in Tumuti in the
district to monitor the ongoing survey and demarcation of
mining leases in the area as directed by the apex court.
The survey and demarcation was conducted by personnel from
revenue, forest, mining and geological departments, along with
Bellary Deputy Commissioner Aditya Amlan Biswas, official
The CEC team is scheduled to visit the mining areas in
Bellary, Hospet and Sandur till January 25, the sources said.
The supreme court has last year banned all mining
activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!