CEC team visits mining areas in Bellary district
Bellary (Karnataka): The Supreme Court
appointed Central Empowered Committee (CEC), headed by PV
Jayakrishnan, on Monday visited the mining areas in Tumuti in the
district to monitor the ongoing survey and demarcation of
mining leases in the area as directed by the apex court.
The survey and demarcation was conducted by personnel from
revenue, forest, mining and geological departments, along with
Bellary Deputy Commissioner Aditya Amlan Biswas, official
The CEC team is scheduled to visit the mining areas in
Bellary, Hospet and Sandur till January 25, the sources said.
The supreme court has last year banned all mining
activities in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG