Central leaders to decide on Yeddyurappa`s return: Karnataka BJP
Bangalore: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s Karnataka unit Thursday said its central leaders will decide whether to bring former leader B.S. Yeddyurappa back into the party ahead of the Lok Sabha elections due early next year.
"We have conveyed our views (on taking back Yeddyurappa) and now the decision rests with our central leaders," former chief minister and leader of the opposition in the legislative council D.V. Sadananda Gowda told reporters after the state unit`s coordination committee meeting here.
Besides the issue of Yeddyurappa`s return, the committee discussed the party`s preparation for the Lok Sabha polls.
Meanwhile Yeddyurappa told a meeting of his Karnataka Janata Party that he has not talked anywhere about merger of his outfit with the BJP.
He said the KJP would retain its separate identity but would be part of BJP-led NDA and work for making Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the prime minister.
However a section of Karnataka BJP leaders like former minister C.T. Ravi maintain that it is only a matter of time before the KJP would merge with BJP.
Gowda, who succeeded Yeddyurappa in August 2011 as chief minister, is among the Karnataka BJP leaders who have been lobbying with the party central leadership for early return of the former leader into the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'
- Did you know Avika Gor also took Cannes Film Festival by storm this year! - Pics inside