Centre and Delhi Police speak in different voices?
New Delhi: On a day the Delhi Police claimed
to have busted a pan-India terror module behind the
Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore, the government in
stark contrast told Parliament that there was "no pointer" to
indicate the 2010 incident had terrorists` involvement.
While a Delhi Police statement claimed it had busted an
"Indian Mujahideen terrorist module suspected to be
involved in Pune German Bakery blast, the Chinnaswamy stadium
blast and Jama Masjid firing and blast in a car with the help
of central intelligence agencies", the government said the
"incidents of bomb blasts which have been reported and are
under investigation, in which no pointer/fact suggesting
terrorist involvement is available are-- bomb blast in
Mehrauli in Delhi on March 29, 2010 and bomb blast at
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010."
The written statement was made by Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh in the Rajya Sabha.
The blast was being probed by Bangalore police and it
occurred during an IPL T20 match at the stadium, injuring 15
The arrested IM operatives in all these cases have been
identified as Pakistani national Mohd Adil, Mohd Qateel
Siddique, Mohd Irshad Khan, Gauhar Aziz Khomani, Gayur Ahmad
Jamali and Abdur Rehman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves