Centre and Delhi Police speak in different voices?
New Delhi: On a day the Delhi Police claimed
to have busted a pan-India terror module behind the
Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore, the government in
stark contrast told Parliament that there was "no pointer" to
indicate the 2010 incident had terrorists` involvement.
While a Delhi Police statement claimed it had busted an
"Indian Mujahideen terrorist module suspected to be
involved in Pune German Bakery blast, the Chinnaswamy stadium
blast and Jama Masjid firing and blast in a car with the help
of central intelligence agencies", the government said the
"incidents of bomb blasts which have been reported and are
under investigation, in which no pointer/fact suggesting
terrorist involvement is available are-- bomb blast in
Mehrauli in Delhi on March 29, 2010 and bomb blast at
Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 17, 2010."
The written statement was made by Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh in the Rajya Sabha.
The blast was being probed by Bangalore police and it
occurred during an IPL T20 match at the stadium, injuring 15
The arrested IM operatives in all these cases have been
identified as Pakistani national Mohd Adil, Mohd Qateel
Siddique, Mohd Irshad Khan, Gauhar Aziz Khomani, Gayur Ahmad
Jamali and Abdur Rehman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog