`Centre will act on Karna min-promoted project`
Bangalore: The Centre would take action on
the report of the Corporate Affairs Ministry over the alleged
irregularities in the Mega City Project promoted by Karnataka
Minister for Forest C P Yogeshwar, Union Corporate Affairs
Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Wednesday.
"The Corporate Affairs ministry that went into the
issue has submitted a report to the government. The government
will take appropriate action on it", he told reporters here.
He, however, did not give details of the recommendations
made by his ministry over alleged cheating of people by the
Mega City project promoter promising residential sites.
On the resignation of Karnataka Lokayukta Shivaraj Patil,
he said it was unfortunate that he had to quit under
Patil quit on Monday after controversy surfaced over two
residential plots secured by him and his wife in alleged
violation of rules, but dubbed the charges as `malicious
Moily said if the ruling BJP did not use its money and
muscle power, the Congress would win the Koppal bye-election
slated for September 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown