`Centre will act on Karna min-promoted project`
Bangalore: The Centre would take action on
the report of the Corporate Affairs Ministry over the alleged
irregularities in the Mega City Project promoted by Karnataka
Minister for Forest C P Yogeshwar, Union Corporate Affairs
Minister M Veerappa Moily said on Wednesday.
"The Corporate Affairs ministry that went into the
issue has submitted a report to the government. The government
will take appropriate action on it", he told reporters here.
He, however, did not give details of the recommendations
made by his ministry over alleged cheating of people by the
Mega City project promoter promising residential sites.
On the resignation of Karnataka Lokayukta Shivaraj Patil,
he said it was unfortunate that he had to quit under
Patil quit on Monday after controversy surfaced over two
residential plots secured by him and his wife in alleged
violation of rules, but dubbed the charges as `malicious
Moily said if the ruling BJP did not use its money and
muscle power, the Congress would win the Koppal bye-election
slated for September 26.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative