CEO warns of action against contractors under MNREGA
Chitradurga: Zilla panchayat officials on Tuesday warned of taking criminal cases against contractors who use machinery instead of employing labourers under the Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA).
Chief Executive Officer of the panchayat N Jayaram in a press release strictly instructed officials to adhere to the guidance issued by the government under the MNREGA scheme.
The government had declared all six taluks in the district
drought-hit. In order to prevent people living in these areas
from migrating to urban areas, officials should ensure that
they were provided with jobs for at least 100 days in a year
in rural areas.
Observing that a few contractors were using machinery
instead of employing workers, Jayaram warned that stringent
action be initiated against them. If any gram panchayat was
found using machinery for MNREGA projects, such projects would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach