CEO warns of action against contractors under MNREGA
Chitradurga: Zilla panchayat officials on Tuesday warned of taking criminal cases against contractors who use machinery instead of employing labourers under the Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA).
Chief Executive Officer of the panchayat N Jayaram in a press release strictly instructed officials to adhere to the guidance issued by the government under the MNREGA scheme.
The government had declared all six taluks in the district
drought-hit. In order to prevent people living in these areas
from migrating to urban areas, officials should ensure that
they were provided with jobs for at least 100 days in a year
in rural areas.
Observing that a few contractors were using machinery
instead of employing workers, Jayaram warned that stringent
action be initiated against them. If any gram panchayat was
found using machinery for MNREGA projects, such projects would
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?