Chain snatcher swallows gold necklace!
Chennai: Collector of Krishnagiri district was on Saturday injured in a road accident that left her assistant dead at Namasparai town.
Collector Pooja Kulkarni, along with Deputy Tahsildar Jaishankar, her assistant and driver were on their way to Dharmapuri in a car when it rammed into a bus near a bus stand at Namasparai near Krishnagiri, police said.
The assistant, Muniraj, died while being taken to hospital, they said.
Kulkarni was taken to a government hospital at Krishnagiri, which referred her to a private hospital in Bangalore, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa expressed shock over the accident and condoled the death of the assistant.
In a statement, she also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to Muniraj`s family from the chief minister`s Public Relief Fund and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report