Chain snatcher swallows gold necklace!
Chennai: Collector of Krishnagiri district was on Saturday injured in a road accident that left her assistant dead at Namasparai town.
Collector Pooja Kulkarni, along with Deputy Tahsildar Jaishankar, her assistant and driver were on their way to Dharmapuri in a car when it rammed into a bus near a bus stand at Namasparai near Krishnagiri, police said.
The assistant, Muniraj, died while being taken to hospital, they said.
Kulkarni was taken to a government hospital at Krishnagiri, which referred her to a private hospital in Bangalore, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa expressed shock over the accident and condoled the death of the assistant.
In a statement, she also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to Muniraj`s family from the chief minister`s Public Relief Fund and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav