Chain snatcher swallows gold necklace!
Chennai: Collector of Krishnagiri district was on Saturday injured in a road accident that left her assistant dead at Namasparai town.
Collector Pooja Kulkarni, along with Deputy Tahsildar Jaishankar, her assistant and driver were on their way to Dharmapuri in a car when it rammed into a bus near a bus stand at Namasparai near Krishnagiri, police said.
The assistant, Muniraj, died while being taken to hospital, they said.
Kulkarni was taken to a government hospital at Krishnagiri, which referred her to a private hospital in Bangalore, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa expressed shock over the accident and condoled the death of the assistant.
In a statement, she also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to Muniraj`s family from the chief minister`s Public Relief Fund and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi