Chain snatcher swallows gold necklace!
Chennai: Collector of Krishnagiri district was on Saturday injured in a road accident that left her assistant dead at Namasparai town.
Collector Pooja Kulkarni, along with Deputy Tahsildar Jaishankar, her assistant and driver were on their way to Dharmapuri in a car when it rammed into a bus near a bus stand at Namasparai near Krishnagiri, police said.
The assistant, Muniraj, died while being taken to hospital, they said.
Kulkarni was taken to a government hospital at Krishnagiri, which referred her to a private hospital in Bangalore, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa expressed shock over the accident and condoled the death of the assistant.
In a statement, she also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to Muniraj`s family from the chief minister`s Public Relief Fund and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan reunite for 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'! See pic
- WATCH: What a statement! When PM Narendra Modi blasted al-Qaida - 'Indian Muslims will live for India, die for India'