Chain snatcher swallows gold necklace!
Chennai: Collector of Krishnagiri district was on Saturday injured in a road accident that left her assistant dead at Namasparai town.
Collector Pooja Kulkarni, along with Deputy Tahsildar Jaishankar, her assistant and driver were on their way to Dharmapuri in a car when it rammed into a bus near a bus stand at Namasparai near Krishnagiri, police said.
The assistant, Muniraj, died while being taken to hospital, they said.
Kulkarni was taken to a government hospital at Krishnagiri, which referred her to a private hospital in Bangalore, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa expressed shock over the accident and condoled the death of the assistant.
In a statement, she also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to Muniraj`s family from the chief minister`s Public Relief Fund and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’