Chamber chief alleges manhandling by BJP MLA
Belgaum: A top functionary of a trade body here on Tuesday alleged he was manhandled by ruling BJP MLA Abhay Patil on April 30 during discussion on a road work.
Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) President Basavaraj Javali told reporters here that he was manhandled by Belgaum MLA Patil and his brother Santosh Patil during a discussion on road work under Belgaum Vishweswariah Industrial Park (VIP) ASIDE Project, a charge denied by the legislator.
Javali, who broke down at the press conference, alleged that the MLA also abused him using filthy words.
When asked why he did not register a complaint on the same day, Javali replied he could not do so as he was in a state of shock.
Javali claimed he had recorded the entire incident in an hidden camera as he anticipated abuse from Abhay Patil. "I know Abhay Patil`s nature and I was anticipating him to use filthy language against me. Therefore I carried with me an hidden camera to record the incident," he said.
Abhay Patil, when contacted, denied the allegations levelled by Javali.
He also questioned the delay in registering a police complaint. "Why didn`t Javali lodge complaint on the same day of the incident?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family