Chamber chief alleges manhandling by BJP MLA
Belgaum: A top functionary of a trade body here on Tuesday alleged he was manhandled by ruling BJP MLA Abhay Patil on April 30 during discussion on a road work.
Belgaum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) President Basavaraj Javali told reporters here that he was manhandled by Belgaum MLA Patil and his brother Santosh Patil during a discussion on road work under Belgaum Vishweswariah Industrial Park (VIP) ASIDE Project, a charge denied by the legislator.
Javali, who broke down at the press conference, alleged that the MLA also abused him using filthy words.
When asked why he did not register a complaint on the same day, Javali replied he could not do so as he was in a state of shock.
Javali claimed he had recorded the entire incident in an hidden camera as he anticipated abuse from Abhay Patil. "I know Abhay Patil`s nature and I was anticipating him to use filthy language against me. Therefore I carried with me an hidden camera to record the incident," he said.
Abhay Patil, when contacted, denied the allegations levelled by Javali.
He also questioned the delay in registering a police complaint. "Why didn`t Javali lodge complaint on the same day of the incident?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Wow! This is how Mukesh Ambani's home Antilia looks from inside
- Donald Trump reaches the magic number to clinch Republican nomination
- Sexism row: Darren Sammy defends 'entertainer' Chris Gayle
- Inexhaustible Rafael Nadal wins 200th Grand Slam match
- Half-century for world no. 1 Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros