Change in venue on basis of `false presumption`: CoP
Bangalore: City Police Commissioner Shankar
Bidari on Sunday asked IPL to reverse its "unfair" decision on
shifting venue from Bangalore to Navi Mumbai on security
reasons, saying it was taken on the basis of "baseless and
"If they don`t revise the decision to shift, I am afraid
BCCI will be committing a serious mistake and will be
besmirching the fair name of a secure city like Bangalore," he
said in a statement here.
He said the Karnataka government and state police are
committed to providing foolproof security to semi-final
matches in this city and "will take full and complete
responsibility for the same".
"Even now, I would appeal to BCCI to consult IPL security
officials, security consultants of foreign teams, Karnataka
state cricket association (KSCA) President and KSCA Secretary
to reverse their decision to shift the semi final matches to
Navi Mumbai", said Bidari.
He described as baseless and far from the truth, BCCI
Vice President Rajiv Shukla`s statement that the matches were
shifted after he (Bidari) had expressed apprehensions over
security for semifinal matches on April 21 and 22 and said he
had at no time stated anything to this effect.
"The statement by Rajiv Shukla that I have expressed
apprehensions regarding providing security cover for semi
final matches is far from truth and baseless", he said.
Bidari said he had held a meeting today, attended by IPL
security officials, security consultants of foreign players,
KSCA President and its Secretary and explained the measures
taken to provide foolproof security for the matches.
Following his assurance, all of them had informed the
media that the semi final matches would be held as per
schedule at Bangalore, he said.
Two low-intensity explosions near Chinnaswamy cricket
stadium less than an hour before an IPL match yesterday had
left 15 persons, including five security men, injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand