Chargesheet filed against Karnataka BJP MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Saturday filed a chargesheet against ruling BJP MLA S R Vishwanath after completing investigation in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
During investigation conducted by Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Girish, it came to light that Vishwanath during May 30, 1985 to December 19, 2011, had purchased assets in his name, in the name of his wife, children and even benamidars, to the tune of Rs 9.11 crore.
During the period, he was also found to have spent Rs 3.50 crore. As against his income of Rs 4.87 crore from known sources, he had amassed disproportionate wealth of Rs 7.7 crore.
He has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
After a copy of the chargesheet was produced before judge NK Sudhindra Rao, he adjourned further proceedings to August 31.
On December 19 last year, the Lokayukta Court had admitted a private complaint filed by one V Shashidhar against Vishwanath, elected from Yelahanka, and directed Lokayukta police to investigate it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'