Chargesheet filed against Karnataka BJP MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Saturday filed a chargesheet against ruling BJP MLA S R Vishwanath after completing investigation in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
During investigation conducted by Deputy Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Girish, it came to light that Vishwanath during May 30, 1985 to December 19, 2011, had purchased assets in his name, in the name of his wife, children and even benamidars, to the tune of Rs 9.11 crore.
During the period, he was also found to have spent Rs 3.50 crore. As against his income of Rs 4.87 crore from known sources, he had amassed disproportionate wealth of Rs 7.7 crore.
He has been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act for possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
After a copy of the chargesheet was produced before judge NK Sudhindra Rao, he adjourned further proceedings to August 31.
On December 19 last year, the Lokayukta Court had admitted a private complaint filed by one V Shashidhar against Vishwanath, elected from Yelahanka, and directed Lokayukta police to investigate it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic