Chargesheet filed against Somashekara Reddy, 13 others
Bellary: A charge sheet has been filed against BJP MLA, G Somasekhara Reddy, brother of arrested mining baron, G Janardhana Reddy and 13 others in connection with the alleged threat to the life of a top forest official investigating illegal mining in the district.
The 125 page charge sheet has named Somasekhara Reddy as the main accused.
Conservator of Forests UV Singh had visited Ramghad reserve forest area in Sandur taluk in 2009 in connection with the investigation and found the Reddy brothers were allegedly involved in it, following which he ordered seizure of nine vehicles.
Forest official Ramalingaiah had filed a case with police on illegal mining.
Somasekhar Reddy and KS Diwakar, Bellary corporation corporator had allegedly threatened Singh after his visit to Ramghad, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nagaraj investigated the complaint in 2011.
Somasekhara Reddy is in judicial custody in Hyderabad following his arrest in connection with the alleged cash for bail scam.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015