Chargesheet filed against Somashekara Reddy, 13 others
Bellary: A charge sheet has been filed against BJP MLA, G Somasekhara Reddy, brother of arrested mining baron, G Janardhana Reddy and 13 others in connection with the alleged threat to the life of a top forest official investigating illegal mining in the district.
The 125 page charge sheet has named Somasekhara Reddy as the main accused.
Conservator of Forests UV Singh had visited Ramghad reserve forest area in Sandur taluk in 2009 in connection with the investigation and found the Reddy brothers were allegedly involved in it, following which he ordered seizure of nine vehicles.
Forest official Ramalingaiah had filed a case with police on illegal mining.
Somasekhar Reddy and KS Diwakar, Bellary corporation corporator had allegedly threatened Singh after his visit to Ramghad, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nagaraj investigated the complaint in 2011.
Somasekhara Reddy is in judicial custody in Hyderabad following his arrest in connection with the alleged cash for bail scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire
- 14 dead due to sudden flooding in US state of West Virginia
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship