Chargesheet filed against Somashekara Reddy, 13 others
Bellary: A charge sheet has been filed against BJP MLA, G Somasekhara Reddy, brother of arrested mining baron, G Janardhana Reddy and 13 others in connection with the alleged threat to the life of a top forest official investigating illegal mining in the district.
The 125 page charge sheet has named Somasekhara Reddy as the main accused.
Conservator of Forests UV Singh had visited Ramghad reserve forest area in Sandur taluk in 2009 in connection with the investigation and found the Reddy brothers were allegedly involved in it, following which he ordered seizure of nine vehicles.
Forest official Ramalingaiah had filed a case with police on illegal mining.
Somasekhar Reddy and KS Diwakar, Bellary corporation corporator had allegedly threatened Singh after his visit to Ramghad, police said.
Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nagaraj investigated the complaint in 2011.
Somasekhara Reddy is in judicial custody in Hyderabad following his arrest in connection with the alleged cash for bail scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?