Chargesheet filed in BJP Bangalore blast case, 14 accused named
Bangalore: Three terror suspects arrested for their alleged roles in the 2011 Advani pipe bomb case are among the 14 accused named in the chargesheet filed before a court here on Saturday in connection with a blast in front of the BJP office here in April this year.
Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik, arrested in a joint operation by Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh police at border town of Puttur on October 5, and `Police` Fakruddin, nabbed a day earlier, have been named in the chargesheet filed before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s Court.
The chargesheet was filed after examining 260 witnesses and is in three volumes with 7,445 pages of material and 201 documents, police said.
The accused have been charged with offences under various sections of the IPC and Explosives Substances Act, Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
The blast in front of the BJP`s Malleshwaram office on April 17, ahead of the May 8 Assembly polls, had left 18 persons injured and damaged 23 vehicles and 56 buildings.
Malik, Ismail and Fakruddin are key suspects in various cases, including an attempt to kill BJP veteran leader LK Advani by placing a pipe bomb on his yatra route near Madurai and the murder of other Sangh Parivar leaders in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla