Chargesheet filed in BJP Bangalore blast case, 14 accused named
Bangalore: Three terror suspects arrested for their alleged roles in the 2011 Advani pipe bomb case are among the 14 accused named in the chargesheet filed before a court here on Saturday in connection with a blast in front of the BJP office here in April this year.
Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik, arrested in a joint operation by Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh police at border town of Puttur on October 5, and `Police` Fakruddin, nabbed a day earlier, have been named in the chargesheet filed before the First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s Court.
The chargesheet was filed after examining 260 witnesses and is in three volumes with 7,445 pages of material and 201 documents, police said.
The accused have been charged with offences under various sections of the IPC and Explosives Substances Act, Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
The blast in front of the BJP`s Malleshwaram office on April 17, ahead of the May 8 Assembly polls, had left 18 persons injured and damaged 23 vehicles and 56 buildings.
Malik, Ismail and Fakruddin are key suspects in various cases, including an attempt to kill BJP veteran leader LK Advani by placing a pipe bomb on his yatra route near Madurai and the murder of other Sangh Parivar leaders in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra