Chop off arms of Bajrang Dal, VHP or resign: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: The war of words between the
ruling BJP and the opposition continued with senior Congress
leader Siddaramaiah on Sunday challenging Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa to "chop off the arms" of Bajrang Dal, VHP and
Srirama Sene or quit office.
"Yeddyurappa now has to chop off the arms of Bajrang Dal,
Srirama Sene, Pramod Mutalik (Srirama Sene leader) and VHP.
Let him chop off now that it has come to know (who is behind
church attacks in Karnataka)", Siddaramaiah told reporters at
Kollegala in Chamarajanagar district.
"If he can`t chop off, he has to leave his chair (has to
resign)," the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly
Last month, perturbed over a church attack, Yeddyurappa
asked the people to chop off the arms of desecrators if they
Earlier this month, Justice B K Somasekhara Commission of
Enquiry, which probed attacks on Christian prayer halls in
2008, submitted its interim report without clearly identifying
But it added that "a strong impression is created" that
Sangh Parivar groups are mainly responsible for the attacks
and that top police officials and district administration
colluded with them "directly or indirectly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof