Chop off arms of Bajrang Dal, VHP or resign: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: The war of words between the
ruling BJP and the opposition continued with senior Congress
leader Siddaramaiah on Sunday challenging Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa to "chop off the arms" of Bajrang Dal, VHP and
Srirama Sene or quit office.
"Yeddyurappa now has to chop off the arms of Bajrang Dal,
Srirama Sene, Pramod Mutalik (Srirama Sene leader) and VHP.
Let him chop off now that it has come to know (who is behind
church attacks in Karnataka)", Siddaramaiah told reporters at
Kollegala in Chamarajanagar district.
"If he can`t chop off, he has to leave his chair (has to
resign)," the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly
Last month, perturbed over a church attack, Yeddyurappa
asked the people to chop off the arms of desecrators if they
Earlier this month, Justice B K Somasekhara Commission of
Enquiry, which probed attacks on Christian prayer halls in
2008, submitted its interim report without clearly identifying
But it added that "a strong impression is created" that
Sangh Parivar groups are mainly responsible for the attacks
and that top police officials and district administration
colluded with them "directly or indirectly".
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon