Chop off arms of Bajrang Dal, VHP or resign: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: The war of words between the
ruling BJP and the opposition continued with senior Congress
leader Siddaramaiah on Sunday challenging Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa to "chop off the arms" of Bajrang Dal, VHP and
Srirama Sene or quit office.
"Yeddyurappa now has to chop off the arms of Bajrang Dal,
Srirama Sene, Pramod Mutalik (Srirama Sene leader) and VHP.
Let him chop off now that it has come to know (who is behind
church attacks in Karnataka)", Siddaramaiah told reporters at
Kollegala in Chamarajanagar district.
"If he can`t chop off, he has to leave his chair (has to
resign)," the Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly
Last month, perturbed over a church attack, Yeddyurappa
asked the people to chop off the arms of desecrators if they
Earlier this month, Justice B K Somasekhara Commission of
Enquiry, which probed attacks on Christian prayer halls in
2008, submitted its interim report without clearly identifying
But it added that "a strong impression is created" that
Sangh Parivar groups are mainly responsible for the attacks
and that top police officials and district administration
colluded with them "directly or indirectly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?