CID submits CD and documents in Nityananda case
Bangalore: The CID, probing criminal charges
including rape against controversial self-styled godman
Nityananda today submitted two sealed covers containing a CD
and some documents pertaining to the case before the Karnataka
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing
of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the
Criminal Investigation Department filed an affidavit on the
progress in the probe and submitted two sealed covers with a
CD and some documents as part of evidence in the case.
The court then adjourned hearing of the petition to
Nityananda landed in controversy in March after local TV
channels aired a purported video footage showing him in a
compromising position with a Tamil actress.
He was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan district on
April 21 on charges, including rape.
He was granted conditional bail on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users