CID submits CD and documents in Nityananda case
Bangalore: The CID, probing criminal charges
including rape against controversial self-styled godman
Nityananda today submitted two sealed covers containing a CD
and some documents pertaining to the case before the Karnataka
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing
of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the
Criminal Investigation Department filed an affidavit on the
progress in the probe and submitted two sealed covers with a
CD and some documents as part of evidence in the case.
The court then adjourned hearing of the petition to
Nityananda landed in controversy in March after local TV
channels aired a purported video footage showing him in a
compromising position with a Tamil actress.
He was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan district on
April 21 on charges, including rape.
He was granted conditional bail on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read