CID submits CD and documents in Nityananda case
Bangalore: The CID, probing criminal charges
including rape against controversial self-styled godman
Nityananda today submitted two sealed covers containing a CD
and some documents pertaining to the case before the Karnataka
When the petition filed by Nityananda praying for quashing
of the two FIRs came up before Justice Arali Nagaraj, the
Criminal Investigation Department filed an affidavit on the
progress in the probe and submitted two sealed covers with a
CD and some documents as part of evidence in the case.
The court then adjourned hearing of the petition to
Nityananda landed in controversy in March after local TV
channels aired a purported video footage showing him in a
compromising position with a Tamil actress.
He was arrested in Himachal Pradesh`s Solan district on
April 21 on charges, including rape.
He was granted conditional bail on June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss